Daniel Carter has been with The Trust Company since 1995 and has lead the development of the company’s infrastructure, management team and overall business growth. Through his leadership, the company has developed and executed a strategic plan, expanded to three East Tennessee offices and built a strong based for corporate retirement plans, wealth management and personal trusts.
Daniel has been instrumental with succession planning for the company and committed to growing a diverse team of professionals that includes attorneys, CPAs, CFPs and individuals with vast experience in a myriad of financial specialties. He is known for his ability to listen, build consensus and help solve problems creatively. Daniel’s personal commitment to providing independent, objective advice builds lifelong relationships and financial success.
Daniel is also dedicated to serving our community and has served in a leadership capacity with the organizations listed below. Personally he enjoys spending time with his family and hitting the golf course on occasion.
- Knoxville Leadership Foundation (Board)
- East Tennessee Children’s Hospital (Board)
- Knoxville Area Chamber Partnership (Board and Executive Committee)
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, College of Business Advisory Board
- University of Tennessee, Finance Department Advisory Council
- Association of Trust Organizations (Board and Past President)
- University of Tennessee Chancellor’s Associates
- Leadership Knoxville (Class of 2009)
- Salvation Army (Board)
- Knoxville Estate Planning Council
- Nucleus Knoxville
- Alzheimer’s Association – Advisory Board
- Tennessee Valley Employee Benefit Council (past-president)
- American Diabetes Association (past chairman of the local advisory board)
- Ijam’s Nature Center (past treasurer and board member)
- United Way of Greater Knoxville (Business Team leader)
- Girl Scouts (past Board Member)
Awards, Honors & Special Recognitions
- Top Workplace Leadership Award (2017)
- Association of Trust Organizations, Member of the Year (2014)
- Knoxville Business Journal 40 under 40 (2007)